Programs at REACH Center
The REACH center will employ a strategy using structured programs and activities with proven methodologies designed to meet the needs of each individual youth. Through our partnerships and collaborations we will bring together local educational institutions (administration, teachers, etc.), social service providers (social workers, human resource personnel) federal,state and local crime fighting agencies (law enforcement, probation officers, etc.) representatives of the public and private sectors, business owners and neighborhood residents with the shared goal of saving our youth.
The programs and activities that we will have at REACH center will include but are not limited to:
- The REACH for your homework after school program consisting of homework assistance, a tutoring program, and an in-depth interactive educational computer program.
- The REACH for a book reading program.
- Weekly workshops and awareness groups.
- Counseling services/Therapy sessions.
- Enrichment program.
- Gang prevention/intervention program.
- Mentoring program.
- Job readiness/career search program in conjunction with a summer job program.
- Positive Life Preparations program.
- GED classes/testing.
- Case management and transitional services.
The REACH center will be open from 3:00 p.m - 7:00 p.m monday through friday and 10:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m on Saturdays. This project will serve youth ages 11-19.